Ecocentric Mom is a great subscription box service that features mom & baby products that are eco-friendly, natural, organic, and often vegan-friendly. There are 3 different box options to choose from. As always, I received the “Mom & Baby” box. The other two options available are a “Mom-to-Be Box” and just a plain ol’ “Mom” box.
Subscriptions are $24/every-other-month, but they often have discount codes available that are usually good for the life of your sub. (I was able to score a discounted subscription not too long ago and now my boxes are only $18/month. Not bad!)
Let’s see what was inside the July/August “Mom & Baby” box!
I don’t think I’ve ever included a photo of the info card for this box… So here it is! Everything is listed on a 2-sided card, along with descriptions and retail prices for each item.
Bathtime Baby Bathing Baby Hair & Body Wash – I have SO much baby shampoo/body wash from subscription boxes, but I suppose I don’t mind getting more when it’s all natural, vegan washes like this one. Bathtime Baby products are all paraben/phthalate-free, hypoallergenic, vegan, and made in the USA. This is a nice 3 ounce size bottle.
Water Wipes – I’m a big fan of these wipes. They’re made with 99.9% water (the other 0.1% is fruit extract) and are super soft. Chemical-free, non-greasy, and extra gentle on baby’s skin. 2 10-count travel packs were included.
Happy Baby Meal Time Board Book – I think this is the 3rd box in a row that’s included a book and I’m loving it. My girls are total bookworms so I’m always happy to add more to our collection. This one is a super sturdy board book that features colorful photos of real kiddos and the types of foods they eat at mealtime. Cute!
Genuinely Simple’s Comfrey Cream – Comfrey is a natural herb that’s used to relieve inflammation and encourage cellular repair. This cream is great for treating rashes, bug bites, sunburn, and any other skin irritations that you (or your kiddo) may encounter.
Savannah Red Beautiful Sugar Lip Balm – An all natural, vegan lip balm made with organic ingredients. Comes in almost a dozen different “flavors” and contains natural oils to hydrate your lips.
Yogavive Apple Chips in Chocolate – I’ve had these apple chips before and they’re really tasty. They’re made with just 2 ingredients: organic fuji apples and organic cacao flavor. They have a nice crunch and subtle chocolate flavor. The bag is a nice size and contains 4 servings.
Blank Note Cards from eInvite.com – This is a sample set of 5 folded blank note cards that have sweet baby-themed graphics on the front. Envelopes are included as well. Little cards like this are great to have around and I like that they’re pretty gender neutral.
Amara Apple-Maqui Berry Dried Baby Food – I think we got a couple smaller packets of these in a past box. My girls were never fans of powdered baby food mix, so I just use them in my smoothies. I love that they’re organic and use non-GMO ingredients.
Aromaflage Botanical Fragrance & Insect Repellent Sample – At first I thought this was just a perfume sample, but was excited to see that it’s actually also an all natural insect repellent. It contains a blend of essential oils and other natural ingredients that are known to repel insects. I HATE bugs (to the point my family totally makes fun of me for it), so I’m excited to try this.
Summer Herb Garden Savory Mix & “Need a Little Sunshine in my Day” Tea – These actually aren’t listed on the info card, so I’m not sure if they just forgot, or if I was sent something from the “Mom” box. The tea looks so pretty in the package that I almost don’t want to use it!
I’d say I’m pretty happy with the July/August Ecocentric Mom “Mom & Baby” box. I should probably note that this is intended for babies up to 18 months, BUT my girls are almost 2 and I still find the products useful. I was afraid I’d lose interest with it after they got older, but I still really enjoy the products they send. Once again, I love the inclusion of a board book and I’m pretty sure everything else will get used at one time or another. I didn’t do a cost breakdown this time (too lazy!), but the value is definitely there. 🙂
Disclosure: I purchased this box on my own. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own. Post may contain affiliate/referral links.