Oh, snap! People like me!
I’ve been given two nifty little blog awards by luminousvegans. And here they be:
I guess there are a bunch of rules & junk that I have to abide by in order to accept these, but ya know, rules are for chumps. haha. However, I suppose I should do something to justify posting these, right? Right.
Part of the requirement for the “One Lovely Blog Award” is to list 7 facts about yourself & then nominate 15 other blogs for the award. Well, being that I don’t even follow 15 other blogs at the moment (and the ones that I do follow probably already have these awards), I’m just going to do the “7 facts” thing. The “Illuminating Blogger Award” also asks for something similar. So here goes…
7 super random facts about Wendy (hey that’s me!)
- I’ve met the majority of my boyfriends on the internet. Including my husband. What can I say? I’m socially awkward & super shy when I meet new people. The interwebz saved me from being a lonely, crazy turtle lady (I hate cats).
- I think onions are the devil. If I’m served anything with onions in it, as tiny as they might be, you can be sure I’m gunna pick out every last little speck of ’em. EVIL.
- In high school I got sent to the principal’s office for writing an obscene poem about my substitute teacher pleasuring himself. I don’t remember anything about it, except that it rhymed & my friend thought it was hilarious. I wish I had a copy…
- I have French stitches in my chin. Well, had. I was with one of my exes at the Socre Coeur when my camera started to tumble down the hill we were sitting upon… I ran down the hill at full speed, trying to catch it… No luck. The camera won the race and once I got to the bottom, still going at full speed, I tripped over a wire that separated the grass from the cement — and SPLAT! — I went face-first into the concrete. I immediately started screaming, and a crowd of people gathered, talking to me in languages I couldn’t understand… Scariest thing ever. I think I’ll do a separate post about this at some point…
- I hate musicals. Or any movie/show with excessive singing/dancing. You couldn’t pay me to watch an episode of Glee.
- I wrote a zine in high school called “Lice”. It was mostly about my life, punk rock, and the random musings of an awkward 16-year old. I only did 3 issues, but I loved writing them. I actually got a positive review in Maximumrocknroll & sold them on consignment in my local indie record shops. I loved trading zines with people in other countries & getting lots of fun stuff in the mail. I still have a little suitcase full of the zines I’ve collected over the years & I treasure every one. (Hmm… this might require its own post at some point too.)
- I’ve been working on this post for like an hour(!), so you’re not getting a 7th fact. 😉